As a system engineer at easyname, you do not just simply setup servers, you build valuable systems and products that our customers use on a daily basis. You are involved in product development right from the beginning, actively shaping them and providing valuable input with your personal background.
You plan the architecture of new systems and sometimes implement them independently, sometimes in collaboration with the entire team. You also supervise and extend existing HA systems (Check_MK, virtualization, automation, etc.). Identify the need to refactor and reengineer existing parts of the system, and work with your team to ensure the stability, security, and scalability of the entire system landscape.
You are following technical developments in your area of expertise (traveling to overseas conferences) and evaluating whether these technologies can be useful for our business.
The ideal candidate:
- a user-oriented mindset and the desire to create valuable products
- At least 5 years of experience in Linux system administration
- Experience as a system engineer in the handling of larger projects
- a pragmatic approach to solving complex problems
- a graduation from university or a similar education
- wants to continuously develop themselves professionally, has good interpersonal skills and enjoys working as part of a team
- You are reliable and punctual and like to work independently and responsibly
- is fluent in German and English, both written and spoken
- Ideally, you have a category B driving license
We especially appreciate candidates who...
- if you have experience with the technologies Kubernetes and OpenStack
- if you already have experience in the ISP or hosting area
- if you have already worked with more sophisticated storage solutions
- when automating repetitive tasks is one of your secret passions
- if you have knowledge of firewalls and DDOS protection
- if you are knowledgeable in terms of DNS and DNSSEC
- if you are already familiar with popular web applications such as Wordpress, Joomla, NextCloud and many more
- if you also want to take over responsibility for individual parts of our systems in the long term
What to expect
- X.509 / SSL
- GitLab & GitLab CI
We offer you
- Continuous education (conferences, workshops) and free literature and magazines
- A professional, communicative working environment and short decision-making channels
- Independent and team-oriented work in a young, open and dynamic team
- A demanding job in an internationally oriented company
- Freedom to have new ideas and initiatives
- Appreciation and team spirit
- Creative freedom, flat hierarchies, an open-door policy and no dress code
- Flexible working hours: delivery of furniture, doctor's appointment, no child care? - Simply choose home office and experience real work live balance.
- Ongoing supply of coffee, tea, fruits and mineral water
- Barbecue sessions on our roof terrace, events, after-work beer, pinball, table football, football, and much more.
We offer an attractive fee between €3,100 und €3,900 (gross, per month) for this position. For legal reasons, we must point out that a collectively agreed minimum salary of €2,979 (gross, per month) applies. Overpayment depends on your qualifications and experience.