As a Software Engineer at easyname you do not simply write software, you build valuable systems and products for our users. You are involved in product development right from the beginning, actively shaping them and providing valuable input with your personal background.
You plan the architecture of new systems and sometimes implement them independently, sometimes in collaboration with the entire team. Working with other engineers, you identify the need for refactoring and reengineering of existing system parts, and take care of the stability, security, and scalability of the entire system.
You are following technical developments in your area of expertise (traveling to overseas conferences) and evaluating whether these technologies can be useful for our business.
The ideal candidate:
- a user-oriented mindset and the desire to create valuable products
- several years of experience with PHP, MVC frameworks and an ORM
- has experience with object-oriented development and knowledge of the associated design patterns
- experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL, you can also optimize operations for performance
- a graduation from university or a similar education
- in-depth knowledge of current backend technologies and understanding of current frontend technologies
- a pragmatic approach to solving complex problems
- wants to continuously develop themselves professionally, has good interpersonal skills and enjoys working as part of a team
- is fluent in German and English, both written and spoken
We especially appreciate candidates who...
- have either taught themselves the theory of domain driven design or have already put it into practice
- if User Centered Design, Scrum, Clean Code, and Refactoring are more to you than buzzwords
- if you are not afraid to use a shell and you already have experience with Linux systems
- if you already have experience with automated software tests (unit & integration tests)
- if you have knowledge of domains / DNS, mail, web hosting and related technologies
- if you also want to take over responsibility for individual parts of our systems in the long term
What to expect
- PHP 7+
- Elastic Search
- GitLab & GitLab CI
- GNU gettext
- React JS
- Zend Framework
We offer you
- MacBook Pro with two additional monitors and the accessories you want
- Continuous education (conferences, workshops) and free literature and magazines
- A professional, communicative working environment and short decision-making channels
- Independent and team-oriented work in a young, open and dynamic team
- A demanding job in an internationally oriented company
- Freedom to have new ideas and initiatives
- Appreciation and team spirit
- Creative freedom, flat hierarchies, an open-door policy and no dress code
- Flexible working hours: delivery of furniture, doctor's appointment, no child care? - Simply choose home office and experience real work live balance.
- Ongoing supply of coffee, tea, fruits and mineral water
- Barbecue sessions on our roof terrace, events, after-work beer, pinball, table football, football, and much more.
We offer an attractive fee between €3,000 und €4,000 (gross, per month) for this position. For legal reasons, we must point out that a collectively agreed minimum salary of €2,979 (gross, per month) applies. Overpayment depends on your qualifications and experience.